Kawai KDP75 Digital Piano
- ■ Improved Responsive Hammer Compact keyboard action
■ Shigeru Kawai SK-EX grand piano sounds, full 88-key sampling
■ Impressive 18W stereo amplifier and speaker system
■ Convenient USB-MIDI connectivity for computers/smart devices■ Support for PianoRemote and PiaBookPlayer apps for iOS/Android
■ Built-in Burgmüller, Czerny, Beyer etudes and Alfred lesson songs
■ Enhanced SHS headphone sound with headphone type settings
■ Compact cabinet design available in two modern finishes
- An excellent introduction to Kawai digital piano quality
- The KDP75 digital piano is the latest addition to Kawai’s highly-respected range of award-winning home instruments, combining an authentic weighted-key keyboard action and realistic grand piano sounds within an attractive, yet highly affordable package.
Featuring 88 grade-weighted keys, the KDP75 keyboard responds like a real acoustic action, while its rich concert grand piano sounds are guaranteed to inspire and impress. The instrument also features USB-MID connectivity, built-in lesson pieces, and a convenient song recorder, making the KDP75 an ideal choice for beginners seeking a starter instrument, or more experienced players looking for a second piano for silent practise with headphones.
- Realistic touch & motion: Responsive Hammer Compact keyboard action
- The KDP75’s Responsive Hammer Compact (RHC) keyboard action has been developed to represent the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano. Based on the highly-regarded RH keyboard action design, its spring-less mechanism and sturdy construction delivers consistent upward and downward motion, while improved cushioning material helps to reduce keyboard noise, resulting in a smooth, natural, and highly authentic piano playing experience.
- Acoustic piano key weighting
- Just as acoustic pianos utilise heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers, the RHC keyboard action also employs different hammer weights, appropriately graded for each playing range.
Such details provide greater stability during fortissimo passages, while preserving delicate pianissimo control, to satisfy the demands of even the most discerning pianist.
- The Sound of a Grand Piano: Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand
- The Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano was conceived as the next step in evolving the art of the piano. Earning a reputation as the ‘premier piano of Japan,’ it graces the stages of concert halls and musical institutions around the globe, receiving universal acclaim for its exceptional clarity and dynamic range.
The SK-EX has frequently been selected by professional pianists at such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubenstein international piano competitions. With its truly magnificent tone and wonderfully responsive touch, the SK-EX can best be described with one word – incomparable.
- True character in every note
- The KDP75 digital piano captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using advanced Harmonic Imaging technology.
Recording each key individually in this way, preserves the rich harmonic character of the SK-EX concert grand piano, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the KDP75’s weighted keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
- Harmonic Imaging technology
- When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the SK-EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volumes, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo.
The KDP75 offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Kawai’s proprietary Harmonic Imaging sound technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
- Realistic reverberation
- The KDP75’s powerful digital effects engine further enhances the instrument’s core sounds, applying additional reverberation effects that simulate the acoustic environment of a recital room, live stage, or concert hall, bringing performances to life.
The result is a rich, vibrant piano tone that delivers breathtaking realism and authenticity.
- Impressive speaker system
(with Low Volume Balance feature)
- The KDP75’s stereo speaker system delivers an impressive 18W of output, providing enough power to fill a medium-sized room with it’s beautiful Shigeru Kawai grand piano sounds.
Moreover, when playing through speakers at a reduced volume setting (so as not to disturb family members), the KDP75’s Low Volume Balance feature intelligently adjusts keyboard touch and piano tone characteristics, allowing pianissimo passages to be played smoothly and more naturally.
- The Variety of a Digital Piano: Convenience & Flexibility
- The elegant KDP75 also includes a variety of convenient digital functions to complement its authentic keyboard touch and rich grand piano sounds. A selection of different instrument voices, built-in lesson songs, and the ability to record and playback one’s performance are just some of the features accessible from the discretely placed cheek-block control panel, while USB-MIDI functionality allows the instrument to be connected to computers and other devices with ease.
- USB-MIDI connectivity
- The KDP75 features a USB-MIDI port, allowing the digital piano to be connected to a computer or supported smart device.
Once connected to a tablet or smartphone, KDP75 owners can easily control the instrument or display notated scores for built-in lesson songs using the dedicated PianoRemote and PiaBookPlayer apps. Moreover, the instrument’s functionality can also be expanded using a broad range of 3rd party education, performance, and scoring apps.
- PianoRemote app
- The KDP75 is compatible with Kawai’s latest PianoRemote control app for iOS and supported Android devices. This app connects to the piano via the instrument’s integrated USB-MIDI feature, providing an effortless way to change sounds, adjust settings, and enjoy the of built-in music content from an attractive user interface.
- Built-in Lesson function
- The KDP75’s convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to study classical piano using a collection of Czerny, Burgmüller, and Beyer etudes, or learn contemporary songs from the popular Alfred Basic Piano course books.
The left and right hand parts of each etude or song can be practised separately, with the built-in metronome and adjustable tempo controls helping to improve timing and rhythm.
* Notated scores and Alfred lesson books sold separately.
- PiaBookPlayer app
- The KDP75 is also compatible with Kawai’s PiaBookPlayer score viewer app, allowing the notated scores for classical lesson etudes and various other pieces to be displayed on a smartphone or tablet via the instrument’s USB-MIDI connectivity.
The PiaBookPlayer app includes notated scores for over 370 pieces, and also supports hands-free page turning by using the piano’s configurable pedals.
- Additional sounds & playing modes
- Supplementing its realistic acoustic piano voices, the KDP75 also offers a selection of additional instrument sounds, including electric pianos, organs, harpsichord, vibraphone, and strings.
The Dual playing mode also allows two different voices, such as an acoustic piano and a string ensemble, to be played together for a more complex sound that inspires even greater musical creativity.
- Superior headphone experience
- The KDP75’s Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument’s sound when listening through headphones or earphones. The player can select one of three different acoustic presets that adjust the spatial positioning of the sound, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when using earphones or headphones for extended periods of time.
In addition, the KDP75 also allows players to select a variety of headphone types (Open, Semi-open, Closed, In-Ear, Canal, etc.) for an optimised listening experience.
Kawai Triple Pedal System
Reinforcing the KDP75’s reputation as one of the most realistic digital pianos in its price range is its Kawai Triple Pedal System.
This feature replicates the functionality and position of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX Concert grand piano, with PianoRemote app parameters to adjust the half pedal point and soft pedal depth further enhancing the KDP75’s acoustic piano-like authenticity.
Simple, attractive cabinet design
The KDP75’s simple yet attractive cabinet incorporates gently curved side arms and wooden toe blocks for additional stability. The piano features a retractable key cover to protect they keyboard from dust, and a broad music rest that can be folded flat when not required. At just over 40 centimeters in depth, the KDP75 is also a relatively compact instrument, making it well-suited to apartments and other narrow spaces.
|Keyboard||・ Responsive Hammer Compact action
– 88 keys
– Grade-weighted hammers
– Matte key surfaces
|Pedal||・ Kawai Triple Pedal System
– Damper (with half-pedal support)
|Piano Sound||・ Harmonic Imaging (HI)
– 88-key stereo sampling
– SK-EX recording
– 192 note maximum polyphony
|Piano Resonance||– Damper Resonance|
|Piano Adjustment||・Virtual Technician (13 parameters, via PianoRemote app)
– Touch Curve
– Damper Resonance
– Hammer Delay
– Topboard Simulation
– Decay Time
– Release Time
– Minimum Touch
– Stretch Tuning
– Temperament Key
– Half-Pedal Point
– Soft Pedal Depth
・Virtual Technician Smart Mode (10 presets)No. of Sounds15 voicesReverb6 typesBrilliance✔Other Effects-Speakers(8 x 12 cm) x 2Output Power18 W (9 W × 2)Headphone EnhancementsSpatial Headphone Sound
Headphone TypeDisplay-Key CoverSliding typeMusic RestCollapsible typeDimensionsWidth136 cm (53 1/2″)Depth40.5 cm (16″)Height85.5 cm (33 2/3″) [music rest flat]Weight36 kg (79 1/2 lbs.)Available FinishesEmbossed Black (KDP75B)
Embossed White (KDP75W)Basic FunctionsDual
Low Volume BalanceInternal SongsSound Demo15 songsPiano Music-Concert Magic40 songsLesson SongsBurgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100)
Czerny 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849)
Beyer 106 (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101)
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1BInternal RecorderTotal Memoryapproximately 10,000 notesNo. of Songs3 songsParts1 partMetronomeTime Signatures1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8Drum Rhythms-Bluetooth *-USB Audio RecorderRecord/Playback-Other Functions-App FunctionsPianoRemote (iOS/Android)
PiaBookPlayer (iOS/Android)Connector JacksHeadphone1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″ Stereo jacksMIDIUSB-MIDILine Out-Line In-USB to Host✔USB to Device-Others-Power Consumption7 WPowerPower cable
AC adaptor (PS-129)BenchWB-10 *HeadphonesHeadphone hookSheet Music-OthersWarranty Card *